2022 Texas Autism Virtual Conference
2022 Texas Autism Virtual Conference
Save the Date: June 23-25
The Texas Autism Virtual Conference is an annual event sponsored by the Texas Education Agency and the Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training. The conference goal is to promote increased awareness and understanding of evidence-based practices, interventions, standards, and services in the area of Autism. It provides professional development and networking opportunities for families, students, educators, and professionals.
Registration is open!
- Full conference registration | Workshop ID #SU2247177 | June 23-25, 2022
- Family Day registration | Workshop ID#SU2247178 | June 25, 2022
Call for Conference Proposals Is Open!
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2022 BY 5:00 PM
Friday, June 24, 2022
- 10:30-11:30 am
- 12:30-1:30 pm
- 1:45-2:45 pm
Saturday, June 25, 2022
- 8:45-9:45 am
- 10:00-11:00 am
- Noon-1:00 pm
We want to move best practices forward; we want our participants to learn what is new and innovative; we want our participants to leave with a renewed vision and energy to continue Raising the Bar! The conference will explore evidence-based practices, technologies, and new approaches that will provide participants with practical information, tools, and strategies that can be implemented immediately.
Focused on autism, proposals are welcome with the following or related topical areas:
- Challenging Behavior
- Communication/Assistive Technology
- Evidence-Based Practices for Autism
- Literacy/Math/Other Academic Skills
- Parent Implemented Interventions/Family/Community Resources
- Peer-Based Instruction and Interventions/Friendships
- Social Skills
- Trauma-Informed Care/Mental Health/Self-care
Please note: Marketing and product pitches will not be considered.
Required Video Submission
This year's conference will be virtual. As part of the submission requirements, we ask you to submit a short video of you and any co-presenters. You may be asked to pre-record your session, which will be due by the end of May. If your session is pre-recorded, you will be required to be present during the broadcast of your session and be active in the chat feature with your participants. If your session is selected, you will receive detailed information regarding recording and presenting by March 25, 2022. For this proposal submission, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Record your video on a platform that is comfortable for you to use, your phone, your laptop, or your desktop.
- Your recording does not need to be highly produced.
- Video submissions must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 3 minutes and must include all the session presenters.
- Introduce yourself and then tell us about your topic. We want to know why it is important.
- What will your participants learn during your session?
- What creative ways will you use to engage with your attendees in your session, even if it is pre-recorded?
Be creative and have fun. This video is a way to sell your presentation. Upload your video to this location: https://bit.ly/22TXAUConfVideoSubmission.
Proposal and Video Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 20, 2022 by 5:00 pm.
Professionals and parents like to hear practical applications from others in the trenches. You have a chance to share your expertise with others, pay it forward, pad your resume, AND get to attend the Texas Autism Virtual Conference for free! We will provide conference registration for up to three (3) presenters per session.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL TODAY!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2022 AT 5:00 PM
Need help crafting your proposal?
- Darcy Schiller | email@example.com | 512-919-5224
- Robin Reimund | firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-919-5315